You are not alone

"You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you...He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you, because you are His child...seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him" -Pres Uchtdorf

Friday, October 10, 2014

"..and the food here is awesome and they have awesome chocolate milk".

Not too long before Will left, him and his dad went to Provo for some last minute shopping. When they arrive home I inquired if they were able to find everything that they needed, to which Henry exclaimed, "I got him a notebook". Just a plain old ugly notebook like you'd see a grade schooler carry around. Naturally this brought a confused look to my face as to why this was so exciting. He explained that he had told Will that emails weren't enough, he need to write a real letter on occasion. I was surprise that I had never thought of that myself. Apparently I had lost myself to the technology generation. But I had to admit there is something so personal and intimate about reading an actual letter. You not only see the personality of the person's writing but you can also detect emotion...anger in dark bold letters or excitement found if the quick sloppiness of penmanship with grammatical errors abundant. So I decided that I would find Will and Henry some stationery so they could write each other on appropriate paper. This wasn't as easy a task as I imagined. The stationery I found was usually quite feminine and didn't think that would appeal to either one of them. I did eventually find some nice simple stationery and excitedly gave it to them. I knew that Henry would use it but wasn't sure if Will would. But to my surprise we found, not only one letter, but two in the mailbox last night. Since he didn't have access to the internet to share his feelings that first day, he apparently had decided to write a letter; and did so again the next day. What a thrill they were to read!

 
Instead of typing up what he wrote I was hoping you might enjoy reading them first hand as well. I especially like the small tucked in note asking us to send him some hair gel. In our hurry to get him to the MTC on time he had left his hair gel sitting on the bathroom counter. As we all know, a missionary must look his best...no hair out of place ;) and for those of you who know Will well will not be surprised about the chocolate milk comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment