You are not alone

"You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you...He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you, because you are His child...seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him" -Pres Uchtdorf

Monday, October 6, 2014

{10/6/14} "The MTC has been a real humbling experience"

Letter to dad...

I loved Elder Bednar's talk because it is something that we can share to investigators because it is directed to non Lds people. So far everything is working well i can not think of anything that I need. As far as I know is when i leave because we already got our travel plans a few days ago and today we are going to the travel office to get our passports checked. Last night we went to a devotional and Via Sikhema talked about his mission and all of his experiences of missionary opportunity that he had after his mission but his talk got me really excited to go and serve and to get a chance to serve the people of B.C one thing he said that really helped me was "not all successful missionary experiences are going to lead to baptism" because sometimes us giving our best and doing all we can is not enough for that person but it can plant a seed for the next set of missionaries. We also listened to a talk that Elder Bednar gave at the MTC a few years ago on Christmas that was on and he talked about the character of Christ and selfless and how it is not enough to have a testimony be we also must be converted . His talk kind of made me feel like I was not ready to serve but also made me want to become converted. The MTC has been a real humbling experience and one thing I have learned is that my mission can not be about me it has to be about the people and about Christ because its not us that convert people its the spirit that does we just try our best to invite it in our lesson. I love you and really miss you guys but its ok becasue this mission is not about me or my needs but its about Christ and what he wants me to do.

Letter to mom...

I was terrified when you guys dropped me off but when the Elder that was helping me started talking to me I had a feeling of peace come over me and I knew what I was doing is Right. Sorry I do not have a lot of time to write because I still have to go do laundry. I just wanted you to know why I am serving a mission and its not for praise or to make you or dad or grandma proud, although I do want to do that, the main reason I am serving a mission is because Christ has given me so much and has blessed me with more I could have ever wanted or asked for in life that if he is asking me to give up two years of my life which in perspective is hopefully 1/40 of my life to serve him is not asking for much that I should at least do that for he who has given me everything. I have gained a testimony of prayer and preparing because it feels like all I am ever doing is praying and preparing and I feel like I have prayed more in the last 5 day than in the last five months before I came to the MTC. That's Awesome!!! it would be way cool to meet John Bytheway hopefully I get to. well i got to go. Love you guys.

Love, Elder Slack

and we got pictures this week...

Will with members of his zone



No comments:

Post a Comment