You are not alone

"You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you...He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you, because you are His child...seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him" -Pres Uchtdorf

Friday, October 17, 2014

All about the companions

We were fortunate enough to receive two letters in the mail yesterday...

 Dear Slack family (dated 10/11/14),

 First I just wanted to says thanks for emailing me and writing me, it is really nice to hear from you. I know I haven't written in a while but the last week has gone by really fast and all day we are always doing something and we have been teaching a lot. I think Elder Walker and I have taught, I think, 9 lessons in the last week. Since Monday we have been teaching our TRC Eric, who is a really awesome guy. We we first taught him he was just doing it because his wife was a member and he did not want to pray and never read the Book of Mormon and as we taught him the spirit was so strong and it was cool to teach him and watch him change and by the 5th lesson we got him to pray with us and to read the Book of Mormon and he did it was so cool to see him progress and at the end of our last lesson he committed to baptism and he accepted!!! The last lesson was so amazing and after we left Elder Walker and I just hugged and jumped around like little kids because it was so awesome and the spirit was so strong. One of my new favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon is 3 Nephi 27. It is so cool and we have used it so much in our preparation and our lessons. My district is so cool, I don't know if I have told you about everyone. Well, there's me, Elder Walker,Elder Jong (from Toronto,Canada), Elder Crapo (long A we were told;) who is from Calgary. They are really cool. Elder Jong is so funny and random but knows a lot about the gospel. Oh, and he is also Korean and he lived there until he was 5. Elder Crapo (reminded again that it is a long A, haha!)is more strict about the rules but is a really cool Elder. Elder Hancock, who is from Surprise AZ,and loves hockey but is really cool and knows a lot about movies and he makes a lot of references to Strange Brew. Elder Payne, who is from Atlanta GA, is really funny too but is also one of the nicest people I have ever met and he can do a really cool Jamacian accent, which is really funny. Elder Spitler, who is from Blockton, Iowa, and really loves to sing. Elder VanLeuwen, who is from Plano, Texas, is really shy and also loves to sing. They are both really nice and kind but not very outgoing. I forgot to tell you about Elder Walker. He's from Lehi, UT. He is so cool and he loves basketball and soccer (hi likes Arsenal). He is so strong in the gospel and is an awesome companion. I love having him as my companion. Everyone except Elders Payne, Spitler, VanLeuwen are going to Vancouver, Canada. The others are going to Twin Falls, Idaho.

 P.S. If you put this anywhere online, fix it, because I know it sounds weird when I start writing about my companions

 Love,

 Elder Slack

 ****

 Dear Family (dated 10/12/14),

 So, I got sick because half of my district got sick and now it is my turn I guess. I really do not feel good and am really tired because I kept waking up last night because I was sick. So today has not been the best day but I just wanted to say that I love you guys and thank you for being so supportive of me while I have been out here and for praying for me. I know it has helped tremendously and I am praying for you so please try to stay healthy and loving to each other because I know that if you strengthen your relationship with each other your relationship with God will become stronger as well. I just wanted to say I love you and you have been a great blessing in my life. I have also found out how powerful prayer is and how important it is in my life and that is how God blesses us and how he specifically knows what we need or how he tells us what we really need. I love you.

 Love,

 Elder Slack

 Wow! what powerful letters. My little boy is no longer a little boy. How proud we are of him and the lessons that he is teaching us with each letter. How amazing! Vancouver is definitely the better with these young men in their midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment