You are not alone

"You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you...He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you, because you are His child...seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him" -Pres Uchtdorf

Monday, March 9, 2015

"The spirit just goes away when people start bashing"

This week was a little different than the usual week, mostly because we met some pretty crazy people. It started off when I went to Chilliwack for exchanges with my District leader Elder Jacobs and Chilliwack reminded me a lot of Merritt except its a lot bigger and the people in Chilliwack really know their Bible because they are born agains. So we got a few people who bashed with us or tried to bash with us but we just walked away and ignored them. While we where in Chilliwack Elder Jacobs took me street contacting, which is something I have never really done before so I was really nervous about doing it but I finally just mustered up some courage and talked to someone and they were not really interested but it really helped me get over the fear I had. It was really cool because there was a guy riding a bike on the sidewalk and I said 'Hi' to him and he stopped and talked to me! It was really cool and we set up a time the next day. Then we went and saw one of their investigators named Gary and he was very interesting. Apparently he has been ready to be baptized but he won’t because he was being taught by sisters and they wouldn’t hug him and he got really offended about it so he said he wouldn’t get baptized but we went over there and resolved his concern and he is going to be baptized on the 28th so that was really cool and very interesting because it took like 45 min to help him get over not getting hugged by the sisters.
  One of the sad things about this week is that we never got to go by to see Gary and Carol because Carol was in the hospital most of this week because the medication she was given was not working and so she had to go to the hospital this week and get checked out that nothing was wrong with her heart but we will hopefully be going by there this week to see how they are. To look on the positive side of things since she has been in the hospital she has been living the word of wisdom so I think this will help her get over smoking and coffee. We did get to see Theresa and Daniel yesterday when we went to Daniel’s 10th birthday party and we were invited to go. They are really cool and if we can meet with them more often they could be baptized pretty soon but they are just really busy and hard to meet with.
 The craziest thing that happened this week is that we went to a potential investigators that we met last week and when we went to his house he had a bunch of stuff prepared and he was telling us all about his church and he was throwing anti at us and I thought Elder Johnson was going to blow a gasket because if there is one thing that Elder Johnson hates it’s when people throw anti at us. We stayed for a bit but then we just told him that if he wasn’t interested in listening and hearing the message we share then we needed to leave. He was getting pretty heated and throwing a ton of scriptures at us and what I really learned is that I need to learn the bible better so that I know how to answer people who throw things at us that the "Bible" says but luckily Elder Johnson knows how to do that.  One thing I have really learned since I got here is that I hate bashing because the spirit just goes away when people start bashing but we have been really good at avoiding bashing.

"Look at the sweet soda we found"
 Well I have to go so have a good week and I'll see ya next week!


Love Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment