You are not alone

"You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you...He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you, because you are His child...seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him" -Pres Uchtdorf

Thursday, March 5, 2015

It has been awesome here!

Dear Family

   Sorry it has been a while since I wrote you last. This will be my first letter from my new area, Clearbrook, which is a part of Abbotsford. It has been so awesome here! I love it! It definitely rains a lot more here than it did in Kamloops and is way more humid. It has been really good though. We do a lot more walking here than up in Kamloops and my companion Elder Johnson has been making me run in the morning, which at the time feels like the worst thing I could be doing with my life. But it's probably for the best because I have gained some weight on my mission because of not walking a lot and getting a lot of dinners with members and every one of them seems to think that we never get fed so they feed us enough to last us the rest of the week. I never though that was a bad thing until I weighed myself and I have gained 9 pounds on my mission. That's stinking crazy! So now I'm trying to lose it all. This last week has been really crazy, because I don't know the area at all or any of the members like I did in Kamloops but I'm getting there.
   My new companion is really awesome and very smart. Luckily he knows the Bible really well because a lot of  people here know the Bible and like to bash with us but Elder Johnson knows it so people can't bash.
   We also have some really cool, solid investigators that could be getting baptized this transfer. So that would be awesome because they are really cool and are really progressing. They seem to be ready. This transfer is going to be so awesome!
   Hope Mesquite is not too hot yet and hope life is good and Krista hasn't gotten too much like a teenage girl ;) 

Love,
   Elder Slack

awesome count: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment