You are not alone

"You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you...He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you, because you are His child...seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him" -Pres Uchtdorf

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I am kind of sad to say good bye to Kelowna especially since I have only been here for 7 weeks. It has been great here and even though its getting warm I have really loved it!

Well this week has been crazy mostly with what has happened the last few days. Saturday was transfer call day and Elder Frye and I went through the whole day with out getting a call and we even finished nightly planning at 9:30 and still had not gotten a call and while we were talking about how we thought that we where going to stay and that it was too late to get a call but while we were talking we got a call from the Assistants and they told Elder Frye that he was staying and his new companion was Elder Kohl and that I was getting transferred to Victoria 1st ward and my new companion is Elder Ringheim and I will be the District Leader there. Elder Ringheim is from Denmark and has been out for 3 months. 
  So that was pretty crazy especially since I have only been here for 1 transfer. Most of the members thought that if anyone left is would be Elder Frye so everyone was pretty surprised to hear that I was leaving. It should be nice because Kelowna has been getting pretty warm, not as warm as Mesquite but still warm and it's not the funnest to walk all day in but I have heard that Victoria is really nice because it is on Vancouver Island and is right next to the ocean that it is way cooler than the Oakanagan so it should be nice!
  This week we have been doing a lot of less active work, actually since I got to Kelowna we have been doing a lot of less active work. We have been meeting with a lady named Donna and she has been coming to church consistently for the last little while like 4 months but has been struggling with some addictions but she has been clean for almost 2 months and had a relaps two weeks ago with smoking but it has been almost a week and a half now since that and she is doing really good! She has been preparing to go do Baptisms for the dead at the end of April and she is going to take out her endowments in June! We are also seeing Lilian who was baptized a week before I got here and she has been doing really well except she tore her ACL while at work at the hospital so besides that she is doing really well. I am kind of sad to say good bye to Kelowna especially since I have only been here for 7 weeks. It has been great here and even though its getting warm I have really loved it!
  This week I have really been studying about Christ and his life and while I was studying this morning I was looking up examples of His humility and it took me to when he was suffering the Atonement and he did the will of the Father and later on I came to the story of when Christ fasted for 40 days and 40 nights and then was tempted by Satan and not only did Christ never forget which way he faced in not succumbing to the temptation of Satan but after it says in the bible how angels came and ministered unto him but in the JST it says that Christ knowing that John was cast into prison sent angels to minister unto him. So even in one of his weakest moments he was thinking of others and always helping others. Humility is not thinking about your self less but less about your self and that is exactly what Christ did his whole life even in times when all of us would have turned inward he always turned outward to help others! Christ is a pretty good example to us all obviously! One thing I have been trying to do is study the life of Christ more to help me and it has been really cool! Well, I gotta go and get ready to leave!

Love Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment