You are not alone

"You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you...He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you, because you are His child...seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him" -Pres Uchtdorf

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Biggest Convert on Your Mission is Yourself

Well this week has been really crazy! We have still have been doing a lot of finding recently. One of the Sister missionaries in our ward had to go home because she was really sick and so the other Sister is with some sisters in another ward in Langley but they are covering both areas right now so they asked us if we could start seeing one of their investigators named Barry and he is really cool! He is preparing to be baptized on December 6th and when we were talking to him he told us how much he loved coming to church and the people there and how that was one of the things that he looked forward to the most during the week! It was really to be able to see him and to see how much it has changed his life.
  Before I came up here to BC I did not know how much the Gospel could change peoples lives or how a part of my life it was until I came here and started teaching people who did not have it in their life and seeing it become apart of their life and how much it changed them. I am really grateful for this Gospel and that I was able to come on a mission to really learn what this Gospel is about and how important it is. A great example is I did not know that the spirit could help you in school or that the Atonement not only helps us be forgiven for sins but that it is there to help us in hard times that are not caused by sin or to help us with things that we think are hard like talking to random people. They say that the biggest convert on your mission is your self and thats true. I have been able to learn so much and I have been able to grow my testimony. 
 
 Well I have to go, 
Love Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment