You are not alone

"You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you...He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you, because you are His child...seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him" -Pres Uchtdorf

Monday, September 14, 2015

"Even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you" -Alma 32

     Well, this week has been crazy busy! We have been teaching a lot more the last couple of weeks, which is awesome because I like teaching a lot more than anything else. It has been a really good week because we have been able to help a lot of our investigators progress and slowly change their lives; so it has been really awesome!
      One thing that I have learned on my mission that really came to me this morning is how little I knew when I came out and how I had a pretty good testimony of a few things but just never really gained a strong testimony of a lot of things or studied the Gospel that much. Because of that I have really seen how real and true Alma 32:27-28 are. Just having that desire to believe, to have a testimony will grow and has help to gain of a lot of things and I still have a long way to go but learning the gospel and teaching the gospel has helped me a lot. I am so glad that I came on a mission and that I did not go home like I thought about on my first day in the field because I thought it was hard, which, it's hard but most things that are right are not easy. I have learned so much, especially about doubting doubts before doubting faith. I have ran into and talked to a lot of people who have told me that the church is a lie and false and that Joseph Smith is a liar and the Book of Mormon was written by the devil and people have even showed me anti to try to prove to me that the church is false. I am sure that most members have gone through this a few times, I have learned that I do not know everything but neither do the people that tell us these things. I only know of one person that does and that is our Father in Heaven and conveniently we can always ask him questions and he will help us answer them. Isn't that pretty sweet! What is even cooler is that he doesn't answer just some people but everyone! He loves us all and desperately wants to hear from us all no matter what we feel like or what we have done. His love is unconditional, we are never unworthy to pray or to receive answers.
       Enough about me ranting. We were able to see one of our newer investigators, Ken, and talked to him a lot about baptism and priesthood Authority and he accepted an invitation to be baptized on October 4th! He is very cool and really wants to learn and find out for him self so hopefully we can continue to help him to be ready for that day. We were also able to see Sheila and go help her at her farm which was pretty sweet and she gave us a bunch of food! Which was awesome! She is so close to getting baptized too and she should be baptized within this transfer. Oh, I forgot to tell you I am staying in Brookswood with Elder Mattingley until the end of October at least.
      Well, I have to go. We got our email time cut a half an hour because the library is really busy so I'll talk to you next week and send you some pics of the border...Yeah the US and Canada border because our area goes all way to the border and we went to a member's house who live like a mile from the border so we went and took pictures and saw freedom!

Love Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment