You are not alone

"You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you...He sees you not as the world sees you; He sees who you really are. He looks on your heart. And He loves you, because you are His child...seek Him earnestly, and you will find Him" -Pres Uchtdorf

Monday, February 16, 2015

Whether I go or stay it's where the Lord wants me to be

Well it’s crazy! This transfer is almost over and I think I'm finally going to leave. Which is really sad because I really like Kamloops and Love the Kamloops 2nd ward. I know that whatever happens is for a reason and whether I go or stay is where the Lord wants me to be. This week, just like this transfer, has been hard but it has been something that I have learned a lot from.
  This week while we where tracting one day we knocked on a guy’s door and he was telling us how the Book of Mormon is false because we don't have historical proof and we don't have artifacts and it seems that whenever we talk to people and they try to prove to us that the Book of Mormon is wrong is when I get strong confirmations that the Book of Mormon is true. While we where talking to him we all testified that the book of Mormon was true and it was AWESOME!! The guy didn't want to listen but people are not always ready to hear the gospel and to accept it. It was one of the coolest moments I have had on my mission because I just seemed to get a feeling that I knew that the Book of Mormon was true and that it is the word of God. 
  This work has been really hard, a lot harder than I thought it would be but I have grown so much and still have a lot to go. One thing that really helped me was in zone meeting, something one of the assistants told us was that one of his companions always told him when he was down and sad about something. He always asked him "Does Christ still live?" "Is Christ still leading this church?" and he would say yeah. Well then what do you have to worry about. That is really true because we can’t make people change or accept this Gospel but all we can do is share it and let the spirit work on them. That is something I didn't understand until recently because I was getting down because all these people I knew where baptizing and I was wondering why wasn't I getting baptisms and I didn't figure it out until a week ago when Elder Persson was telling me that it's peoples decision and we can’t make them do anything and sometimes it’s not our fault at all that people don't get baptized but that they just aren’t ready.
  An awesome miracle happened earlier this week too when we were going to someone’s house that told us to come back and when we went there he wasn't there -- wait it gets better. While we were walking back to our car a lady came out of her house to talk to us and she was telling us how she was being taught by the missionaries in Edmonton but she moved down here and her new boyfriend is kind of Anti Mormon. She was telling us how she wanted to make a change in her life and it was awesome. She invited us to come back so we will be meeting her hopefully this week. That just showed me that if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing and where you are supposed to be God will bless you for your efforts. Well, have a good week and the next time you hear from me I might be somewhere else.


Love Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment